Friday, November 22, 2013

Welcome to Quebec . . . Canadian Quilters Blogathon

If you are here via the blog party, or just because you may have taken a wrong turn....

Welcome!  

I live here with my husband, 16 year old son, and 70 year old father in a quickly growing village, about an hour's drive outside of Montreal. We used to be more rural, but that is quickly changing...progress eh? I guess I'll become "okay with change" if and when we get ourselves a serious fabric store!!

I love to dabble in many things, and am seriously proficient in none. I like knitting, mainly dishcloths and other small projects, a tidbit of crochet, cross-stitch, sewing---skirts for myself mainly, and of course curtains and such. I am sew hoping to finally teach myself to knit socks sometime this winter...seems I knit them inside out and can't for the life of me straighten them out LOL




I also love to garden---perennial flowers, vegetables, small fruit trees. My favourite time of year is Spring. I find it amazing to watch the world come back to life after such a long deep freeze...and of course I get to play in the dirt again...the joy of any gardener.

 Marigold started from seed


 I just love the variety of colour of lilies...
and of irises.

 Last January we had such a deep freeze...everything was coated in ice!


I am a newbie to the quilting world. I have one quilt completed...a gift for my sister-in-law.

I am seriously not a photographer but the love that went into creating this quilt was beyond enormous; and so many prayers for health.

The second quilt in my 2 quilt arsenal is not yet completed...but somehow will be for my son for tomorrow...


He just loves Dr. Who and the 50 year anniversary special is tomorrow.

Thank you sew for stopping by. I have really enjoyed this Blogathon...there are so many creative sewers, crafters, and quilters out there. Thank you for your inspiration!


Thank you to 

http://www.sew-sisters.com/

for hosting this blog hop...and for supplying so many wonderful prizes!

13 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Nova Scotia. Nice to meet you. Love the Dr. Who quilt. My son would love me to make him one. It's on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from Ontario! I've stopped by before, waiting to see the finish of your Dr. Who quilt. Your son will love it, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Montreal! It's great to meet some locals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed visiting with you. What a clever Dr. Who quilt. And yes, already looking forward to spring and it is only November lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first quilt is gorgeous.
    Chris from Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting From St. John's, NL
    Enjoyed the visit. I'm sure your son will love his quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My socks did the same thing, I am naturally left handed, was forced to be right handed at school, hence the problem. Just start, don't let anyone else start for you, I have a sock pattern, never made socks before, made one pair, when I started an old German lady saw me knitting, explained to me why know one can knit what we start because of this little issue. I made that pair of socks, have now started another pair 9 years later, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also dabble in many places, though mostly quilting and knitting. I'm not much of a gardener, only perrenials such as rhubarb, asparagus etc. but if I did more gardening, it would be to plant lilies every where.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a quilter and knitter as well. The two activities balance each other. Socks are one of my favorite things to create. Your quilts are great. Soon you will be drowning in yarn and fabric. A very pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Doctor Who quilt will be a big hit!
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  12. enjoyed browsing through your blog, thanx to sewsisters and the hostesses. love your quilts and their mix of fabric and stitching. thanx for sharing your knitting and gardening, too. I have given up my garden of flowers, trees and berries and a few other exuberant hobbies, but not my needle work! sock knitting is my favorite now that I can do circular needle magic loop socks! google that - you'll make sox right side out with no problem! [and two at a time ... like magic!]

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to be able to dabble in so many areas of stitching. You are off to a great start in the quilting field too.

    ReplyDelete